Kaspersky security products are helpful in protecting the computer against virus, spyware and other malicious programs that may cause nuisance. If you need to uninstall these programs for some reason, there are different ways on how to do this. The usual method is by using the add/remove program on the control panel. But sometimes, error occurs when doing the uninstallation through this. Remnant files of the security programs may cause problems on the computer, especially when reinstalling the tools or other security software. The Kaspersky removal tool is the best way to completely uninstall these security tools. Kaspersky removal tool for Mac is also available, which is called the Kaspersky Security Uninstaller.
How to Uninstall Kaspersky Security Products on Windows
The removal tool of Kaspersky is used to completely uninstall Kaspersky Security Scan 2.0, AVP Tool driver, as well as all versions of Kaspersky Password Manager and Kaspersky Internet Security. It can also remove all versions of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky PURE and Kaspersky Small Office Security 2 for file server or PC. However, for systems running 64 bit OS, versions 6.0/7.0 of Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security cannot be removed using this tool. Take note that this program also removes the activation codes of the Kaspersky programs when uninstalled. So make sure to keep a copy of these codes, which you can use when you reinstall them.
Here is the basic step by step tutorial on how to uninstall all the security products of Kaspersky using its special removal tool:
- Download the removal tool on your computer by going to Kaspersky’s website. If you downloaded the zip file, unzip first to get the executable file. You may also download the executable file directly, though the zip file is faster to download.
- 2. Find the downloaded file kavremover.exe and run it.
- The Kaspersky Lab Products remover window will show up. Enter the code displayed on the window on the correct field. If you are having difficulties reading the code, you may get a new code by clicking on the “two arrow” button next to the image code window.
- A drop down containing the detected Kaspersky products will also be shown. Click on the drop down and select the item that you want to remove. If you want to remove another item, you need to finish the uninstallation of one product first and repeat the steps to remove the next one. If you wish to remove all Kaspersky products, you may choose “Remove All Known Products”.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete. You will receive a message once it’s done. Click OK to close the message.
How to Uninstall Kaspersky Security on Mac
- Download the uninstallation tool for Mac on the Kaspersky website. This is also included on Kaspersky Security for Mac.
- Double click the downloaded file or double click uninstall Kaspersky Security. You may also open Kaspersky Security with “.dmg” extension or the distributive volume with the same extension.
- Double click Kaspersky Security Uninstaller on the Kaspersky Security window.
- You will receive a warning saying your anti-virus will be disabled and the files that were quarantined and deleted will also be removed.
- Click Uninstall to proceed with the process.
- Enter your password and click OK.
You will receive a message once uninstallation is complete. Click Finish to close the window